Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Introduction

Welcome. My goal for this blog is to share insights I gain as my projects allow me to explore interoperability between SAP and other vendors' technologies.

My background is somewhat varied. I have been responsible for developments in numerous environments, from Z80 machine code to Sun Ada cross compiled onto a Motorolla single board computer. More recently I have been working in SAP ABAP, PHP, Ruby and Flash Actionscript. Development methodologies I've known include CSC’s Digital Systems Development Methodology (DSDM), C/SCS, SAP ASAP methodology, RUP, and now we're trialling a proprietary agile approach. I have a business degree from one continent and a masters in cognitive science from another, 10 years in Europe, 3 in the Philippines and now am back in Australia.

My responsibility for the architecture and SAP technical delivery of a major project relying on close collaboration between SAP ABAP and Microsoft .Net development teams gave me the impetus to start this blog. As part of the process we were closely exploring the relative merits of Microsoft SharePoint Portal versus SAP Enterprise Portal. It has been a fascinating journey, made very difficult by the small pool of people with in-depth knowledge of either technology. They both have a considerable gap between what you read you can do, and actually doing it.

As this blog develops, it will report on innovative solutions and technologies, always leveraging SAP data and transaction logic.

No comments: